The ATO is able to help if you are experiencing difficulties meeting your tax and superannuation obligations because of the Coronavirus.
- Payment deferrals – the ATO will work with you to defer some payments and vary instalments
- PAYG instalments – the ATO will alllow you to vary your PAYG income tax instalments for the March 2020 quarter and also claim any refunds for instalments made for the September 2019 quarter and December 2019 quarter with out penalties or interest being charged
- Remitting interest and penalties – if you’ve been affected by Coronavirus, the ATO will consider remitting interest and penalties incurred after 23rd January 2020
- Low interest payment plans – if you need help paying your existing and ongoing tax liabilities, the ATO will consider low interest payment arrangements (upon request)
- Super Guarantee payments – unfortunately, there is no ability under the law for the ATO to vary the contribution date or waive the superannuation guarantee charge
For more information, view the ATO COVID-19 website.
We are here to help you. Please contact our office if you need any assistance!